Green Cards for Your Family: Sponsorship Categories
Every year, tens of thousands of people from other countries come to the United States hoping to obtain legal status. They must first apply for a Green Card in order to live in the country legally. Many families seek a Green Card for all family members, but may not know what the eligibility requirements are. This is the point at which a family immigration lawyer can help. It is not expected for immigrants to already be familiar with the laws in the U.S., so expert immigration attorneys Tampa FL is the solution to getting an application prepared properly. The Espinoza Law Offices are committed to providing the highest quality of legal services, effective representation, and professionalism to clients around the world. So if you have questions about your sponsorship category, please continue.
An attorney assists in determining the sponsorship category
Before an application for a Green Card can be filed by a family, they must choose from a list of categories that ensures the right application is being used. Each member of a family must meet the eligibility requirement for the familE. The sponsorship categories for eligibility include:
- Applying as an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen. This includes a spouse, an unmarried child under age 21, and parents of a U.S. citizen who is over the age of 21.
- Another relative of a U.S. citizen, or relative of a lawful permanent resident under the family-based preference categories. This category consists of an unmarried son or daughter over age 21, a married son or daughter, and a brother or sister of a citizen over the age of 21. Also included are the spouse, unmarried children under age 21, unmarried son or daughter of a lawful permanent resident 21 years or older.
- The fiance of a U.S. citizen, or the fiance’s child, admitted into the United States as a K-1 nonimmigrant, or K-2 nonimmigrant.
- The widow, or widower, of a U.S. citizen who was married at the time of the citizen’s death.
- VAWA self-petitioner-victim of battery or severe cruelty. This includes an unmarried abused child, spouse, or parent of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Immigration lawyers Lakeland FL will focus on all areas of immigration and nationality law such as Juvenile Visas, Waivers, e2 Visa Green Card, and e2 Visa to Green Card, and other visas according to the needs of the immigrant, and the statute of the of the rules and regulations set forth by the United States government. The immigration lawyer near Tampa Bay and the professional team are multilingual, and are available to assist people from various countries proficiently.
Obtaining a Green Card can be complex
Many immigrants who come to the United States have hopes of getting a Visa or Green Card quickly. The process takes time, and having a lawyer to help explain the procedure in a language that the immigrant understands relieves much of the anxiety and stress experienced while waiting. The Espinoza Law Offices are staffed with attorneys who provide clients with a complete range of legal services. When immigrants want to apply for a Green Card, it is essential that they have all the pertinent information on hand in order for the attorney to render the best services possible. This can be a complex ordeal, but one that will be made more efficient with the help of a family immigration lawyer. They should be consulted immediately, especially if there are concerns about being inadmissible, or if there are questions about basic eligibility. An immigrant can save a lot of time and frustration by obtaining an immigration lawyer from the beginning of their entry to the United States. It is not a requirement, but the lawyers are there to help.