Can You Move Your Foreign Fiancé to the U.S.?

concept photo for fiance visa and US immigration with diamond ringLove knows no boundaries, and in today’s interconnected world, it’s becoming increasingly common for people from different countries to fall in love and want to build a life together. If you’ve found yourself in such a situation and are wondering if it’s possible to bring your foreign fiancé to the United States, you’re in the right place. In this blog post, you’ll learn about moving your fiancé to the U.S. and highlight how Espinoza Law Offices can assist you in navigating the legal complexities of this journey.

Understanding the K1 Fiancé Visa

The K1 fiancé visa is a nonimmigrant visa specifically designed for foreign nationals who are engaged to marry U.S. citizens. This visa allows the foreign fiancé to enter the United States for a limited period of time, during which the couple must marry. Once married, the foreign fiancé can apply for status adjustment to become a lawful permanent resident.

Requirements for a K1 Fiancé Visa

To successfully obtain a K1 fiancé visa, there are certain requirements that must be met. These include the U.S. citizenship of the petitioner, the genuine relationship of the couple, the intent to marry, and the ability to support financially:

  • U.S. Citizenship: The petitioner, i.e., the U.S. citizen, must be able to prove their citizenship through documentation.
  • Genuine Relationship: The couple must demonstrate that their relationship is genuine and not solely for the purpose of obtaining immigration benefits. This can be established through evidence such as photographs, communication records, and testimonies from friends and family.
  • Intent to Marry: Both parties must have a genuine intent to marry within 90 days of the fiancé’s entry into the United States.
  • Financial Support: The U.S. citizen petitioner must meet certain income requirements to ensure they can financially support their fiancé and prevent them from becoming a public charge.

When embarking on this journey, partnering with an experienced immigration law firm like Espinoza Law Offices.

Process of Obtaining a K1 Fiancé Visa

Obtaining a K1 fiancé visa involves several steps, including filing the petition, visa application, medical examination and interview, and getting married within 90 days upon entry:

  1. Filing the Petition: The U.S. citizen petitioner must file a Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancé, with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
  2. Visa Application: Once the petition is approved, the foreign fiancé must apply for the K1 visa at the U.S. embassy or consulate in their home country.
  3. Medical Examination and Interview: The foreign fiancé must undergo a medical examination and attend an interview to establish their eligibility for the visa.
  4. Entry into the United States: If the visa is approved, the foreign fiancé can enter the United States. Once in the country, the couple must marry within 90 days.

Bringing your foreign fiancé to the United States is indeed possible through the K1 fiancé visa process. However, it is crucial to understand the requirements and follow the proper procedures to increase your chances of success.

Do You Need Assistance for Your Fiancé’s Move to the U.S.?

Navigating the immigration process can be complex and overwhelming. That’s where Espinoza Law Offices can make a difference. With our tested knowledge in immigration law, including fiancé visas, we can guide you through the process, ensuring that all the necessary documentation is prepared accurately and submitted on time. Our team of experienced immigration lawyers in Lakeland, FL, understands the intricacies of the immigration system and can provide you with personalized guidance tailored to your specific situation.

Espinoza Law Offices also offer the convenience of online immigration lawyer services. This means that regardless of your location, you can benefit from our services without the need for in-person meetings.

Don’t let the complexities of immigration law stand in the way of being with your fiancé. Contact Espinoza Law Offices today to schedule a consultation and let us help you navigate the process of bringing your foreign fiancé to the United States.